Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Welcome

Welcome!  I hope this website provides you with a stepping stone to find the information and support you need.  There is a wealth of information out there, so my attempt here is to narrow it down for families entering the world of special needs for the first time with young children.  My father worked with the Special Olympics and taught the severely disabled for over 30 years and I spent much of my childhood volunteering along side him, but nothing prepared me for my own child having special needs.  It is a new frontier with a steep learning curve and varies drastically from child to child and family to family.  I wish you well on your journey and please follow me on Facebook to alert me and other readers of resources and activities in the Sacramento area.

1 comment:

  1. My little grandson has cerebral palsy and we all have a lot to learn about special needs and resources. None of us have had much experience with special needs, so this is all very new to us. I'm trying to do as much research as I can, so that I can be more helpful.

    Susan Hirst | http://www.specialneedsexpos.com/special-needs-resources-come-to-your-town/

    ReplyDelete